Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What if you were seeing color for the first time?


Imagine you are having a conversation with a blind person. They have never been able to see anything and you have the job to describe and make them understand what color is. How do you do that? How do you begin to describe the color pink? How about orange? 


This is something I thought about SO MUCH as a young child. I don't know why this was such a recurrent topic that ran through my mind. I definitely think it is an odd thought for a child to think about but I have always been fascinated by color and how each human being perceives it. 



Being an artist, color effects everything I do. I have posted a blog previously on how colors can make people feel certain ways or think about certain things. What if you were blind or color blind? How could this effect you as a person?  If I couldn't see color or even some of the shades of colors I know I would be a different person. 



I am someone who loves and is effected by color so much to the point where I have a bag of colored pens at work and everyday I come in and sit down and decide what color I want to write with. Today I picked Dark Blue probably because I am wearing a dark blue dress and felt like I connected with that color today. (Color me crazy but that's how I am!)


   If you are like myself and can see color vividly and are not colorblind I hope this blog and the images and videos incorporated in it help to remind you that you are blessed with an amazing gift. If you are colorblind I hope you get excited for what the future might bring for you and the world that you see! Color is magical and taking a second to be grateful for the small things you make take for granted is what it's all about! 

Until Tomorrow - Dream Away
Samantha Menzo


Etsy Featured Item of the Day:

Colorful Felt Wreath - Vibrant Colors - Party Wreath - 14 inch wreath - Party Decoration - Colorful Door Decoration by- JameandJacqsCrafts



Song of the Day:


OneRepublic - Life In Color



Color of the Day:
Nightingale


2 comments:

Post your thoughts and questions here!