Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Can anyone be an artist?

   
      Thinking about what to write today a thought popped into my head. There are so many people out there who don't use their creativity because they are afraid it won't be amazing. This makes me so angry! I can't tell you how many times I hear, "I wish I could draw I can't even draw a stick figure." That is the stereotypical phrase anyone uses when they appreciate art but think they can't make something themselves.

      If you think you can't, then you won't. I am a big believer in positive thinking. Yes, I do believe a great deal of my artistic talents have been passed down genetically and reinforced through growing up around art; but why does all art have to be a masterpiece? Why can't you try and make something with stick figures? Who says art has to be realistic and detailed?


    So many artists throughout time have tried to think out of the box and make art that means something and expresses their feelings and thoughts. Look at most of Picasso's work! Most people would laugh at their paintings if it turned out like his work but he is one of the most famous and idolized artists of all time.


Ever remember how satisfying coloring as a kid was. Even how great you felt after completing your horrible macaroni necklaces? I want you to feel that way again. Get carried away in something and not be afraid of it's outcome. OKAY, I think you are getting my point. So what should you do?



Abstract art is a great place to start. Pick a few colors that you are really drawn to. Go to your local craft store and pick up a few bottles of acrylic paint for a dollar or two a piece. Get a canvas, or paper, or wood or whatever you feel you want to paint on! Then just start applying the colors however you want. It may mash together and look like baby poop. Or it may come together and look like a beautiful sea of colors. Either way don't be afraid of the final outcome. Get lost in the process and I grantee you will LOVE IT!



Recently there has been a great business that has opened up called  "Painting with a Twist."  I am not sure if this is only sprouted in Metro Detroit area so far or if it is nation wide yet, but I am sure it won't be long before it is. It is a place to go with friends and family and have some drinks and learn how to step by step paint a picture of your choice. What a wonderful way to hang with good company in a stress free environment and create something! I am all for it!

So whether you are Van Gogh reincarnated or a regular business salesman, go make something creative! I promise it will really make you feel great.

Until Tomorrow - Dream Away
Samantha Menzo



Etsy Featured Item of the Day:

Create Art Necklace in Sterling Silver - By rockmyworldinc


Song of the Day: (One of the most inspiring music videos of all time)

Coldplay - Strawberry Swing


Color of the Day:
Citrus Orange


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my art!!!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for stopping by!

      Samantha Menzo
      Cloud Nine Studios

      Delete

Post your thoughts and questions here!