Friday, August 7, 2015

Artists Talking Art - Meet Up #1 Recap


       Here we are again another day, another blog! Wednesday night we had our very first Artists Talking Art Group meet up! I was very nervous and I really tried to go through my day like normal and really make sure I wasn't distracted at my regular job at the glass gallery. By the time it was time to meet I was so excited I could barely contain myself!



We decided to meet at a local Panera Bread, that I actually worked at just a few years go! (it's crazy to think how much can change in such a short time) There was just a few of us that made it out for the first time but we ended up added two more by chance and I have to say it was so nice just to have a few people for the first time because it really took a lot of pressure off of me. 



We came up with some really great ideas for future meet ups and I really enjoyed our discussion about why this group is a good idea. I am obviously a big Social Media Gal but you can never put a price tag on how important actual social interaction with others is. Especially others who are like-minded! It was positive and encouraging which is exactly what I was hoping for.


We decided to meet for the second time at the same place and same time next month. We will be meeting on the first Sunday of the month and I will be just as giddy until then as I have been since I thought up the idea for the group! We talked about how we can play easy quick quirky games to break the ice and do introductions into topics and eventually doing some sort of volunteer work. Let's not forget the networking and self-promoting! AHHH I am so happy everything went well and will be looking forward to even more people coming out next time to chill with fun people and talk about art.


So we had a great time and I can't wait for next meet up. I can't believe I forgot to take pictures or even just a group photo! I was very nervous and excited don't be too mad! I promise next time I will get it together and have better images for a recap with the blogs. If you have any questions that I didn't answer about the group or you would like more information, please ask in the comment section below! Have a beautiful art-filled day!

Until Tomorrow - Dream Away
Samantha Menzo


Etsy Featured Item of the Day:

Shark art, made of recycled fence wood. JAWS, Great White, outdoor art - BY JohnBirdsong



Song of the Day:

Brandi Carlile - The Eye



Color of the Day:
Cobalt Blue




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your thoughts and questions here!