Friday, September 4, 2015

How to turn your dreams into a color scheme - Week 1


HELLO EVERYONE!
I am super excited for today's blog! Today starts the first weekly Friday Dream Scheme post. Friday's blog post will be about one of my dreams that I have had either recently or from past years that I recorded in a journal. Then I will make a color scheme to go along with the dream! Let's do this.


I haven't had any dreams this past week that I remember, so I decided to go back in my dream records and revisit one from my past. This was written in my dream journal dated for 
Tuesday Feb 28, 2013 - 3:19pm

It started were I felt like I was on a type of school field trip and I had entered a magical little gift shop. I knew I had to buy one item as if it were some assignment but I couldn't afford anything except an ugly trucker baby blue baseball cap. I kept looking around the shop though and something caught my eye! It was an incense burner in the shape of a detailed castle and the stick poked out the tower. I wanted it so badly. I also saw a miniature chess set that had really beautifully carved pieces and the board could fold up into a little cube that could fit into your pocket. 

Then somebody entered into the store and told me to run and hurry up, it was time to go! The next thing I know, I am in the sky held up by a giant orb shaped cage. There were a few other people inside it along with me. I didn't have my proper balance and the orb shifted or tilted and I fell onto my stomach. It scared me and I grabbed the bars of the orbed cage to make sure I couldn't fall through. My baby blue hat fell off of my head and glided to the ground far below me. I felt depressed about watching it float in the wind for awhile and I knew I wouldn't be able to get it back. Then the dream ended.  


Here is my dream color scheme! Each color represents a certain part of the dream or feeling the dream gave me. The first color is the baby blue of the baseball cap. The second color is the sky blue I see when I think of the cap floating away in the wind. The third color grey is the general color I get from the castle incense burner and the following fourth color brown is the actual incense sticking out. The fifth color of light grey was from the feeling of panic I felt when being rushed out of the shop and loosing my balance. Lastly the sixth and final color represents the bars that confined me and the others in the orb-shaped cage in the sky.


This is something anyone can do! Write down your dream and create a color scheme from it. Use it to make a meaningful painting for your bedroom or to pick out your outfit for the day. I believe we have dreams to guide us and show us things that are hiding in our subconscious. This is just one way to use the wonderful information your mind has given to you while asleep. 


Not every dream you have may be a nice dream. What if you have a reoccurring nightmare or you have a dream so vivid it frightens you throughout your whole day. I say embrace it! Write it down and create a color scheme. Using those colors on a piece of paper with colored pencils and then setting it on fire or tearing it up and throwing it away, might help release the negative attachment to the dream. 


What do you think! Every Friday I will be doing this in the blogs and I hope it will inspire you to create color schemes from your dreams! You might even find that you connect with my color scheme that I came up with and feel compelled to do a piece of artwork with it. Let me know your thoughts below in the comments about your dreams.


Until Tomorrow - Dream Away
Samantha Menzo




Etsy Featured Item of the Day:

Blue and Gold Sweet Dreams Little One, Hand Painted Log Slice Nursery Decor by - FieldandForestDesign



Song of the Day:
Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams



Color of the Day:
Benjamin Moore Milkyway: a very soft, pale blush of yellow cream



2 comments:

Post your thoughts and questions here!