Thursday, November 12, 2015

Catching up and getting back into the swing of things!


Hello HELLO! It has been quite sometime since I have been able to last post! So today I want to just catch you all up so we can have a lovely Dream Scheme Friday tomorrow! I have been working super hard for my wonderful job at Habatat Galleries. It's a glass art gallery that has stunning work from all over the world. I have been with Habatat for over a year now. 




Every November, the Navy Pier in Chicago holds a Fine Art Fair called SOFA. Our gallery travels there to display and sell our work and our space is always HUGE! It's the most work I have ever done and it's non-stop for a week straight. 


As much as it is demanding both mentally and physically, it's also very rewarding. Chicago is a great city and although there is practically no time outside of working, it's still hard to deny that you are in such an alive place! 


Fine Dinning with my love. My favorite part of the trip!

Artist & Staff party at Howl at the Moon in Chicago

This year I was fortunate enough to have my boyfriend George with me. He came to help work the set up and take down of the show and we were able to have a few wonderful meals and nights to ourselves in between the yawning and napping. Below are some pictures of the show's set up and take down along with some of our galleries work and booth talk clips.



Owner Corey Hampson before set up began!


Now that I am back, I have to get back into the swing of things. Starting is always the hardest. While I was away I gathered up two more commissions that will be wood burned family tree gifts for family members from someone I know for Christmas. I also still need to finish the Rick and Morty Mug commission I started a few weeks back. Getting back into the studio to start the ball rolling again is a struggle.



I find myself avoiding the room completely and trying to do other things first.....it is so much easier to be productive in the studio if a keep a good pace going and spend even a little time in there everyday. If a huge break occur I get thrown off.


Also I have started extensive research and sketching on a planning a new series. I don't want to get too far into telling you about it yet but I will say that it should be a 12 painting series when it's finished and it's ALL I can think about. Which is also why completing the commissions I am getting even harder. All I want to do is work on this series....but Christmas is coming and I know that my commission work load will only get worse and I should be thankful for more time to actually plan out what I want instead of jumping right in and losing steam like I tend to do. 


Anyway! I am glad to be back and writing the blogs again. Is there anything you are interested in me writing about? An art topic, something about my art business or maybe more about my job at the gallery? Let me know in the comments below and always remember if you like the blogs you can subscribe with the blue button at the top right of the page! Much Love!

Until Tomorrow - Dream Away
Samantha Menzo



Etsy Featured Item of the Day:

Fantastic Mrs Fox brooch by - gabiReith




Song of the Day:

Missy Elliott - WTF (Where They From) ft. Pharrell Williams




Color of the Day:
Benjamin Moore Carribean Blue Water


1 comment:

  1. Thanks very much for this great article;this is the stuff that keeps me going through out these day.
    family tree papercut

    ReplyDelete

Post your thoughts and questions here!